ADVERTISEMENT

Season starts Friday!

Bens71

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2007
with the hoops season officially underway on Friday here are some things to look for.

1. Starting lineup.

- I personally would go Mason, springs, Coffey, Murphy, and lynch. Bring mcbrayer off the bench To lift you with some scoring if needed as well as curry getting in the mix early. I also think Hurt definitely has a role on this team as well as Konate given the opponent and matchups

2. Ball movement. If this team can move the ball better and use poor close outs to get into the lane I think this team will be fine offensively. They can't afford to settle this year. Get to the paint! That will open up outside shots and I think we will have no problem getting to the free throw line but will we make them?

3. Defense. Let's get back to picking up full court and putting pressure on the other team by speeding up decisions. We have not proven to be a great half court defense. This can lead to easier buckets as well for us on offensive end

4. Fouling. The gophers have never been great at keeping fouling under control with Pitino at the helm. Foul trouble is always an issue as well as poor fouls in situations that give other team offense or bail outs. Wis is a great example of a team who makes you beat them. There will be fouls but let's make sure we adjust to the officiating

5. I expect us to be a much much better rebounding team both off and defensively. This in theory should lead to less points for them and more points for us.

This year we need to stop talking about the turn around and where this program is going and do something about it. Bring some excitement and winning back to that barn and get momentum back in this program!!! It all starts on Friday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News