ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Green

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
So the rumor out there is that Oregon and Seth will soon part ways, and I believe that to be true.

Do the Gophers pursue Seth, after an up-and-down senior season? The answer is that no one knows yet. It hasn't been talked about internally, but I'm sure it will be soon.

Here are the pros and cons as I see it of taking Seth.

Pros
  • He legitimately performed very well against some of the nation's top quarterbacks and invite-only camps.
  • He's done pretty well at Allen since winning the starting job. Or at least he was doing well; I haven't checked the recent box scores.
  • His straight-line speed is actually quite good. He's pretty athletic and has a good frame that will be able to add more weight.
  • He has a very strong arm.
  • There's a chance you could convert him into a free safety or outside linebacker.
Cons
  • He did well, but never really put up All-State numbers at East Ridge, despite having maybe the best offensive line in the state once and having scholarship receivers around him (even if it was George Behr at tight end and NSIC receivers).
  • In spring ball at Allen High School in Texas, he never won the starting job, and it took him until the second week of the fall to win it.
  • A move to free safety/outside linebacker would be great, but I have friends who played with him at East Ridge that he say he doesn't like to take hits and isn't the most physical. Is he soft? I don't know, maybe. @Ryan James, when you watched him play for Pulley several years ago, was he soft?
  • While he does have great straight-line speed, I remember Seth being not very good laterally, but maybe I'm wrong about that. Being from Woodbury, I've seen him play many times, but it's been a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News