ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Feb 16, 2022
Hey everyone,

I hope all of you are having a great summer. Football is back in the Twin Cities and with that, we have a site announcement as well.

Starting tomorrow, @Sean_Williams will be stepping away from the site and I will be taking over the role as publisher. First, I want to thank Sean for all he’s done for me and the site of course. I’ll miss working with him.

That being said, I’m very excited to undertake the ownership of Gophers Nation and I have some major plans for the site going forward in terms of making it the best possible spot for Minnesota athletics not just football and basketball necessarily. I’ll be joined initially my Seth Berry, who knows the Midwest region well and will serve as our lead football recruiting writer.

However, while I planned on coming into this role with a blazing start, life has gotten in the way a bit, but in a great way. My wife and I are expecting, 37 weeks actually, and the little guy might be arriving as early as the next 24-48 hours (writing this as I sit in triage at our local women’s and babies hospital). But I personally expect him to be here by late next week at the latest if he doesn’t make his debut this week.

Once we figure everything out here, I plan on getting started on making my vision for the site a reality and I’m hoping you will all be along for the ride.

Also, let this serve as a suggestion box. What would you like to see out of the site going forward? I want to give you, our subscribers, the content that you want.

What I can tell you is that I’m extremely excited for this opportunity and won’t take it for granted. Some kids want to grow up being athletes and don’t get me wrong I did too, but as soon as I realized I was never going to be big enough I quickly latched onto sports journalism and particularly college football and recruiting. To get an opportunity to own and lead a Power 4 side is one that I didn’t think I’d necessarily ever get and I’m very excited about what the future holds here at Gophers Nation and Rivals.

Thanks everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.