ADVERTISEMENT

Things I am Excited about it with Claeys Extension...

stroke the post

Feb 3, 2004
1) The kids he and the staff recruited feel good about the continuitty (sp). Ask the U f H Cougar kids how they feel about what T Herman just did to them.

2) The playbook is not changing. This is huge for the OL.

3) We can get out and recruit with no "issues" hanging over our heads.

4) We can use it as motivation that we are 1 step away (4 leads in all our losses) from being the next Penn State, etc. I am sure the staff wants to fix what caused them to fall just short of a really good season. They are alpha-males. When you just miss out on something, it can be used as great motivation. It is tougher to work harder when you know you are not even close to a goal.

I am 100% in the belief that this poves "accepting average is good enough at Minnesota", as I think we are set up for a string of 5-7 to 7-5/8-4 once in awhile seasons. I do NOT agree with this principle. That said, no negative posts from me about the extension. I will let the coaches prove my doubting Thomas mindset wrong.

For now, let's go recruit some studs, and win a bowl game as I think 9-4 with a win against an SEC team or a Washington State gets us a chance to end the season in the Top 25.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News