ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts for many of you who have lost loved ones this past year.

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I kinda understand how hard it is to lose loved ones.. My Christmas experience in Minnesota felt like "magic" when I was a kid. Snow and nothing but fun and laughter. I was born and lived my first few years in the lower middle class section not far from the state fair grounds in Falcon Heights. Not a lot of money in the family but a TON OF LOVE, MUSIC, AND LAUGHTER.. I promise you could not have enough money to trade me for those experiences with 30-40 people crammed into a small house with all smiles on faces and food for an army. Fantastic memories. Afterwards, going sledding near Highland Park around Christmas, getting White Castle hamburgers and hot chocolate after, then spending a lot of time making MORE great family memories

My Grandpa and Grandma were major reasons for that. Honestly, when I came back to visit from Ohio and crossed the St Croix river on Highway 94 from Wisconsin into Minnesota, I would just about cry in excitement.. I was home, in my mind. Well, my grandparents passed away in St Paul within a year of each other around 2001-2002 and it is hard to come back to the area without remembering those great times. I am grateful my parents are still alive and doing well but remember the emptiness of that first holiday without my grandparents. AND THAT IS AS AN ADULT!! Cant imagine going through losing a parent as a child(much tougher, I am sure). Tough as the holiday was bittersweet to say the least.

NOW TO YOU GUYS... Many of you have lost parents, long ago, and many your brothers and sisters. The absolute toughest would be to lose a mate or a child, I am sure.. You are in my thoughts and prayers.. Losing my grandparents is nothing compared to losing a child or a mate.. Losing parents can't be easy either but its something everyone will face if they don't go to the grave before them. Just know that someone is thinking about you during this time of the year, especially if you lost any of these close relatives recently within the year.. First holiday without them. Not easy and everyone grieves differently.. Some move on quickly but others it hurts for decades.. Some never really get over it... Just know that I pray those memories stay real and with you.. Helps us stay grounded and realize what is really important, in the grand scheme of things... Try to create more good memories. I am sure those loved ones that have passed would surely have wanted you to do that, in their honor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News