ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on immigration...

GopherJim

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
2019 TGR POY
I've been very torn on this subject, especially with the recent refugee situation.

On one hand, I understand this country was built on immigration and I'm generally a believer that diversity is a good thing. On the other hand, with the rise of the terrorist element in past two decades, I feel we have to be very careful on who and why we admit people into this country.

While I'm sympathetic toward the Syrian refugees, I'm not entirely sure now is the time to actively pursue attempted assimilations of them into states across the U.S., with the French attack so raw in our minds. I'm not sure when the right time is, but somewhat feel it would be good to do our part, as long as it's not forced during a time of extreme tension. I also feel it's extremely important to compile as much information off of each prospective immigrant as possible.

I'm not entirely sure how the process works for admittance, but I hope with the technology available to us now, that we not only fingerprint immigrants, but also do full facial recognition pics (beyond the normal DMV-like pic), and DNA testing/record keeping. I'm not sure how far we take documenting these things about them now, but if they want to be here, whether they are Syrian, German, Japanese, Canadian or whatever, I sure as hell hope we cross all of our T's and dot all of our I's before admitting them.

I underlined and bolded the above, as I'm wondering if anyone knows to what extent we get info during the immigration process. I know we fingerprint, and do health screenings and vaccinations, but do they go so far as to take DNA and record it? I want as much trace-able identifiers we can get, in case it came down to finding or identifying terrorists within our borders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News