ADVERTISEMENT

BBall Recruiting Thursday morning recruiting update

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
I'm still waiting for some more information, but let me share what I do have.

The visit with Trey McGowens went well. I don't have a ton of information as of yet, but I think the staff was pleased. I was also told that the weather aspect did not have a negative impact on McGowens. Richard Pitino followed that visit up with one of his own. Pitt and Ole Miss have also been in to see him, and I hear that Tennessee is heavily involved as well.

I was also told that a decision won't come in the next day or so, but to expect something in the next few weeks. I'm expecting that to happen at least by the second week of may.

Pitino and new assistant coach, Rob Jeter, were in Idaho to see junior college point guard, Danya Kingsby. There is a natural attraction between the two parties. First, Jeter recruited him heavily while at UNLV, so there is already a relationship there. Secondly, there may not be an issue for Kingsby if he has to come in and play behind Isaiah Washington.

Kingsby committed to Pitt, and it was common knowledge that he was not going to beat out Marcus Carr for a starting spot. I believe one reason Minnesota may have problems with a graduate transfer is that they would like to be a starter at their new home.

I also feel that Pitino made the trip because he wanted to evaluate Kingsby. I do not know for a certainty that he has seen him play before. The guard is small, so it is not a slam dunk that he gets an offer, but this is still one I would keep an eye on. He is definitely not sticking with his Pitt decision, and there should be an attraction between Kingsby and Minnesota.

Also, Vanderbilt transfer, Payton Willis, is supposed to be on campus. He has been working hard on his game this spring, while also being tight lipped about his options. I do know that Pitino originally recruited him out of his home state of Arkansas, and liked his game very much.

Pitino and Jeter were also in San Antonio to see Kevin McCullar. The wing recently narrowed his list to five, but interestingly enough, he has received offers from the new staffs at Louisville and Xavier since then. How that impacts his decision, we will have to see.

Also, it is also worth note that Coach Jeter made the trip. Ben Johnson was his lead recruiter, but of course he left for Xaver, and interestingly enough the Musketeers offered soon after. We fully expect Jeter to become the face of Minnesota in McCullar's recruitment.

We expect to have more information this week, and will report it to you as soon as we get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News