ADVERTISEMENT

BBall Recruiting Update on 2018 basketball recruiting

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
I wanted to give a quick update on where Minnesota stands with its final 2018 recruiting spot. There are four names on the board, and all of them are point guards.

We have spoken about Anfernee Simons. Matt has said that he believes the chances for him are slight and I have to agree with that. I do think Minnesota is in the top four, but I think Marco Rubio was two years ago as well. Simons is still one of the three names they are pursuing though.

Courtney Ramey out of St. Louis is another senior point guard to watch. The staff has been in to see him several times over the past few weeks as has Missouri, Illinois, South Carolina, and others. Ohio State was in to watch him play tonight. Many believe that Missouri has jumped to the forefront with their recent offer. I have been working on an article on Ramey for a couple of days. I hope to speak with his father tomorrow, and have it completed by tomorrow night.

Minnesota recently offered Trey McGowens out of Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia. He is originally from South Carolina. McGowens is ranked No, 88 in the class of 2019. He originally was supposed to come out this season, but reclassified. He has said that the four schools recruiting him the hardest are Minnesota, Clemson, Baylor, and Providence. I have been texting with him tonight. Interestingly enough, he visited St. John's today, and is at the Big East Tournament as we speak. The more I dig on this one, the more it seems like Clemson is considered to be the frontrunner. By the way, there seems to be a chance that he could reclassify again back to 2018.

I have also recently been made aware of Tai Strickland. The senior guard now lives in St. Petersburg, Florida, but originally is from the Washington D.C/Baltimore area. He is a late bloomer. Although he isn't ranked by Rivals, he has an impressive group of suitors. He says that Minnesota, Wisconsin, Rutgers, and Maryland are recruiting him the hardest.

Also expect the Minnesota coaches to be watching the transfer wire closely. Last year there were over 800, and as team's seasons are coming to a close, expect it to start blowing up again in the next few days.

I will have articles coming up very soon on Ramey, McGowens, and Strickland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News