ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer is going to announce his retirement, in effect after the Rose Bowl, today at 2 PM EST.

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I heard a lot of things out of Columbus this year regarding Urban giving up coaching after this season... Urban was vigilant that he was going to coach next year but his health just wont allow it.. The cyst on his brain will probably be operated on again... Urban is very close to his family, and despite all the stuff said about the Zach Smith situation, I can tell you that he is a family man first and foremost... Urban, as well as his wife, are very concerned about his health, as you would expect... I don't think there will be any interviews for the position as I believe Ryan Day will be named head coach right away. My sources on this were CLEVELAND.COM and WTAM out of Cleveland.

I think there will be a lot of discussion with his wife and family, if there was a procedure or surgery that cleared him physically in a complete manner, to return to coaching sometime down the road.. The only position I could ever think he would consider besides Ohio State is Notre Dame, if the job ever came open... But it could very likely be the last time we see Urban on the sidelines during the Rose Bowl game.. One of the greats to ever coach the college game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News