ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt -basketball

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I will save everyone the yawning of a long post of a historical diatribe (like I did with Leonard Hamilton) about Vandy coach Bryce Drew.. I have met the Drew family and Bryce's sister, Dana, attended University of Toledo where she was a All American basketball player and is a lawyer here in town after living in Europe. I had college classes with her husband, Casey, who played professional basketball overseas.

Anyways, Bryce Drew aside, this is a team that does have some shooters.... They have a 7 footer, Kornet that is just a big guy that adds inside/outside scoring..Another inside player , Jeff Roberson that plays a lot of minutes as a forward like Jordan Murphy is for us. Their guards are the strength of their team, though..They have a kid, Matthew Fisher-Davis that can flat shoot it but has been benched by Drew a few times this year.. They have another guard that Gopher fans may be familiar in Riley LaChance, who prepped in Wisconsin, as I remember Ryan James throwing his name around a few times with just a little Gopher interest out of high school. LaChance is another kid that can shoot it.

They are a team made up of mostly underclassman as they have Kornet and a kid that transferred in a couple years ago, that are their only seniors..They are 4-3 and the losses have been to Marquette, Bucknell, and Butler. No big name victories for them. They have a freshman PG, Willis, that is improving so they may get a little better. We gotta be disciplined and communicate off of ball screens and make sure we have a hand in the face of their shooters. I think we will win this but this is a team, if they get hot from the 3 ball area, that could present problems for the Gophers. Not sure how deep they are up front but they got some kids that can shoot it at the guard so this will be a good defensive test for our guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News