ADVERTISEMENT

Vikings did better than I thought.. How do they improve in offseason??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Frustrating game in the sense we should have won it.... Encouraging that we made it much farther than I expected, especially after the loss to the 49ers in the first game. I am proud of the team but I think there are areas that need to be shored up in the offseason.. What are your thoughts??

Mine would be, as a GM.
1. Have to address o-line specifically Matt Kalil. The first month and a half showed some good signs but tailed off towards the end. I thought he would be a special player but now I am thinking we need to find another left tackle to handle those speed rushers and open some holes for the backs.. The young guys on the right side showed promise for being so young, IMO. Either a free agent steal or high draft pick here.

2. Chad Greenway is getting long in the tooth so I think we address LB for the 3rd straight year. Gotta keep the defense well tuned.. I would like to move Zendejo to a backup role and find a starting safety, as well. 2nd or 3rd round pick or free agent.

3. Need some more playmakers at WR.. Wallace did not pan out as expected.. What happened to Charles Johnson?? Next to the Browns giving $9 million a year Dwayne Bowe a bunch of healthy game scratches, this is the biggest NFL mystery to me. Cordarelle is a returner who I read does not like to study the playbook.Wright is ok but we need to get help.. Diggs was one of the best steals in a draft that I have seen the Vikings get in a long time.

4. Sadly, we may need to address RB soon. McKinnon is better than people expected but AP probably has 2-3 good years left

In Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter, and Diggs, Spielman got some real steals.. Pruitt and the right side of the o-line may prove the same...Good season with a good draft last year. Waynes needs some time yet. Our Vikings overachieved but I think with a bit of tweaking, they can be even better..... One more thing.. If Mortell goes through without being drafted, I would scoop him up to give Locke some competition. I think Mortell could catch on to an NFL team easily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News