ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think of college players that skip bowl games for NFL draft prep?

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I think the REALITY of the world is that its such an economic thought about a player's future to protect from injury to gain huge money in the draft.....That said, ON THE RECORD, I HATE HATE HATE HATE the fact that Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fournette are skipping their team's bowl games to prepare for the next NFL draft... Yes, potential for injury and loss of draft stock.. I get it.. But how about acting out in a SELFISH manner, disregarding teammates and their sacrifice for that team. LSU may not need Fournette in their bowl game as that other RB they have may be just as good, But to me, this sets a bad precedent. Enjoy the college experience and not just use it as prep for the NFL. The bowl game is many things and among them is a CELEBRATION OF THE SEASON YOU HAD, AS A TEAM.. This, to me, is a different scenario than guys standing up for due process because this is an individual making a choice over a team. This is about "ME OVER TEAM".

Like I said, I understand the "REALITY OF ECONOMICS IN THE NFL" mindset, that I am opposing in this thread.. But with that logic, if you are rated high for the upcoming draft IN PRESEASON, why even play a game your last year of college?? Stay out so you don't risk injury, if that is your mindset...Gotta play the games and show sacrifice for the sake of your team.. That should be as good or EVEN BETTER PREPARATION for an NFL career.. I hope NFL teams take notice and let these players know that giving it all for their respective teams is something that they are looking for, in players, instead of a selfish attitude where the world is all about "ME".

Last edited:
Reactions: Unlimited424
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News