ADVERTISEMENT

What is the next step for Gopher Hoops Roster?

Bens71

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2007
I think we have seen enough to believe that our hopes for the 2016-17 is starting to decline with every game that we watch. If we keep our current roster and add Lynch, Fitzgerald, Coffey, Hurt, and Curry... will that get us to a place where we can get to the tourney??!! As of right now , I don't believe so. Here is why I think we won't.

1. Shooting (we cant shoot and no one coming in will save us of that, in fact we lose 2 of our better shooters)
2. Defense (Lynch is the only one I see giving us an immediate impact on the defensive end, we are the worst defensive team outside of Rutgers by a wiiiiiiiiide margin)
3. Skills... can the current young guys add anything to their arsenal that can get us over the hump? I am not sure they can improve enough in one year and think they may need 2 years from the looks of it.

So what do we do? Pitino has to know that if something great doesn't happen next year that he has a good shot at getting canned. Does he truly believe that he can go somewhere with the incoming players he has? I am not so sure. We have a couple guys on our current roster that I think are considered (dead weight) and won't contribute much of anything to the program and I think Pitino know this as well. Does he try to send them packing and bring in a 5th year transfer? Or a Juco Guard who can shoot? Because of the year we are having, there is NO ROOM for error next year. NONE. Something needs to happen to bring in a shooter and someone with multiple skills that they can give us

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News