ADVERTISEMENT

What should the VIkings do with Cordarelle Patterson??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I thought the Wallace trade was great. I think they used the pick they got from the Bills in the Cassell trade, for Wallace so EFFECTIVELY the trade was Matt Cassell for Mike Wallace, if thats true..Hope that is a good trade off. But where does that leave Cordarelle Patterson??

As a Vikings fan, Patterson is an unbelievable physical specimen that could be a frustrating tease. Gosh, he has great speed, is big, and is electric with the football, as shown the few times in his rookie year. I think he is probably a good guy but can't seem to learn the Vikings offense. If he isn't working hard at learning the playbook, I don't know if I would want that type of guy on the team. I realize he is young and have to give him a chance. I sense a different spirit than a Percy Harvin, who also had electric talent, when I hear the few interviews. But, to me, the Vikings have to start making serious decisions on the productivity vs, cap hit thing. Jennings has worth, but at what cost?? Same with Greenway.. They are looking at Michael Johnson at DE and probably need help on the o-line. Just don't know if the Vikings can afford to keep the high dollar 'teases' in talent when there are other needs to address. Charles Johnson at the WR proved to be a steal in signing and they got a slot guy in Jarius Wright. I hope Wallace is the answer on the other side.

What would you do with Patterson, if you were the GM and coach??

This post was edited on 3/14 7:36 AM by Vifan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News