ADVERTISEMENT

Why does the press even ask about the summer camps??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I advocate the press does not cover football teams until the season starts.... I have read in 4 different locations of how the press wants to make a deal of LeQuon Treadwell body slamming Jabari Price in the Vikings summer camp, which started a fight. Of course, a big part of it is these guys dont help their own cause by posting everything on social media for everyone to see, either.

I am all for free press but this stuff has gone on since the beginning of football summer camps.. The hot sun, guys get sick of seeing each other day after day, highly competitive guys. Trash talk gets said, a block gets sustained, teammates pick at each other on the field and off, a hard hit..The player who makes a good play will get the "ooo"s and Ahhh's" from teammates and smiles from coaches.. The victim of the good play will have his pride hurt and teammates wont let it die. YOU ARE GOING TO GET FIGHTS IN EVERY CAMP IF GUYS ARE COMPETITIVE AND HAVE PRIDE. EVERY NFL CAMP and football camp has skirmishes.. I would be worried if it did not happen. If guys aren't out of control and don't get injured, what the heck.. It happens, its over, then everyone makes up and moves on.. Why does the press make a deal about this stuff?? Just had to rant

Last edited:
Reactions: rockgopher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News