ADVERTISEMENT

why

mngopher29

Nov 30, 2007
Why is no one talking about our Offensive Coordinator? I really don't care about points per game. Look at the production against quality opponents. Maybe this is the big issue:

-Another big game, more no creativity in the offense
-no screen passes to slow rush down
-no points in 2nd halves against Nebby and Wisco
-rarely used smith and brooks together, our two best offensive players
-ran very cautious plays in 2nd half against Nebby, Wisco and Penn State, but when we finally got behind, did not run the ball again. It makes no sense. It felt like they were panicking to me.
-very rarely run when qb is under center, this is our play action formation. just so obvious. elementary in my opinion.
-no read option in 2nd half, were we afraid leider would get hurt?

Other questions:
-Does anyone find it curious that Woli didn't have nearly as many targets per games played prior to his senior season. He was basically non-existent or considered a weak link until this year. Same was the case for KJ Maye. Do they all of suddent get good as Seniors? Or is it our offense and we only look for one guy?
-Our TE goes down, so now we can't throw to a TE? If we only had 1 TE that could run a route and catch the ball coming into the season, that is terrible.
-I still find it hard to believe we couldn't get our best players on the field at the same time (brooks & smith)
-Tyler Johnson must be in the dog house

Again, watching Ohio State and Michigan, it is amazing the creativity. We will NEVER be able to just line it up and run over good Big Ten teams. But our O coordinator must think we can.

For the record, I am not in the fire anyone category. If you are going to start anywhere, I would start with a new president that's top focus would be to win at football. All great programs started here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News