ADVERTISEMENT

Your uniform

Nine

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
No clue why this popped into my head...

Going back to college, I remember a gal commenting on everyone's personal "uniform." Some wore preppy polo shirts everywhere they went, some were always in jock mode, others in flannel and rugged look, etc

What I found so funny is that she was basically ripping on everyone for conforming to certain groups by the way they dress, etc

What made it funny was that she and her posse were all huge Grateful Dead types and nobody wore a more distinct uniform than the Dead Head crew.

I guess everyone does this to a certain extent. Your daily uniform is your projection to the world of who you think you are or what you want to be perceived as.

When I started in Real Estate 20 years ago, I always dressed up to a certain extent. I was only 25 or so, so I wanted to look older, professional and be taken seriously. About 12+ years ago, I had an appointment and I came from something casual and was wearing jeans and a golf shirt. I apologized to my clients for being so casual. The response from my clients, "doesn't bother us and in fact it actually makes us more comfortable than when you are dressed up more like a salesman."

It hit me and from that day forward, I was always dress casual. Either nice jeans or khakis and a collared shirt (golf or dress) with decent shoes. I never wanted to look sloppy but at the same time, very business casual

I have asked many clients about this and they all agreed with the original client

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News