ADVERTISEMENT

Dredrick Snelson tweet

Snelson released a top five yesterday.

Login to view embedded media
Minnesota -- The Gophers still want him and have spent the most time recruiting him. Anderson and Claeys are visiting him on Thursday. It's where he says he's currently committed.

Maryland -- I was told pretty matter of factly that he's not going to Maryland. Remember that's where the twins are.

Penn State -- He's visiting Penn State this weekend. They're far and away the team that's been recruiting him for the least amount of time. They're also the most prestigious football program that he holds an offer to. Could I see him going to Penn State even though they've only been talking to him for two or three weeks? Eh, probably not.

Miami -- He doesn't hold a committable offer to Miami.

UCF -- He visited there last weekend on a two day unofficial visit, and took his official visit there the weekend before. During the season, he also took an unofficial visit there with the Daniels. The most recent visit was done without him telling the Gopher coaches.

So where does he end up? I have no idea. I don't think anyone does. Nothing will surprise me with Snelson, and they are still some academic issues to take care of. A couple weeks ago, I posted that I would be shocked if he came here, but with Maryland off the table and his Miami offer not being committable, I'm more confident than I once was. That being said, I still don't expect him to be a Gopher. We'll see.
Reactions: junit3

Tamarion Johnson offered

Login to view embedded media
Tamarion Johnson picked up an offer today. His basketball game got cancelled so Tracy Claeys visited him at school instead and extended an offer. Purdue also visited and offered him today, and both schools want him to visit for the final weekend. Minnesota has been talking to him longer, so I think they'll get the visit and ultimately his commitment. We'll see.

Gopher Wrestling at home today vs Purdue

Our #17 Gophers (6-6, 2-2 B1G) are home today at 1 pm vs Purdue (7-3, 2-2 B1G) on BTN +. After a big win last weekend over #8 Rutgers, where we wrestled very well...this match should be another win for us. I predict 26-9 Gophers if we are at our best. Here is how I think the match might go:

PURDUE PROBABLE LINEUP
Weight Name Year Record Hometown
125................Ben Thornton.....................................................RS Fr............15-8 (0-3)
133................Luke Welch........................................................RS So...........11-8, or (3-3)
Cody Pae.................................................RS So...........11-7
141................Danny Sabatello.....................RS Sr............12-9, or (7-3)
Kyle Ayersman.................................RS Jr.............13-8
149................Alex Griffin........................................................RS Jr.............10-4 (10-3)
157................Doug Welch.......................................................RS Sr............10-6 (13-3)
165................No. 7 Chad Welch..............................................RS Sr............21-3, or (13-6)
Peter Andreotti........................RS Fr............6-4
174................Jacob Morrissey..................................................RS So...........11-8, or (17-6)
Blake Reid..............................................RS Fr............3-4
184................Tanner Lynde (line-d)........................................RS Jr.............7-7 (17-9)
197................Drake Stein........................................................RS Sr............10-13 (22-9)
285................Tyler Kral (crawl)...............................................RS Jr.............8-8, or (26-9)
Jacob Aven.........................................................RS Fr............13-8
Reactions: Vifan

R.I.P. Glenn Frey

What a punch to the gut. I didn't even know he was ill. As a kid growing up in the 70's, the Eagles with Frey and Henley were the soundtrack to my teenage years. Man, so many great ones are dying. I'll always remember going to the massive outdoor concert at the old Met Stadium on Aug 1, 1978. Eagles "Hotel California" headlining with Steve Miller Band and Pablo Cruise. Unforgettable. So sad. My favorite song? Life In The Fast Lane. Yours?
Reactions: TedHested

Vikings did better than I thought.. How do they improve in offseason??

Frustrating game in the sense we should have won it.... Encouraging that we made it much farther than I expected, especially after the loss to the 49ers in the first game. I am proud of the team but I think there are areas that need to be shored up in the offseason.. What are your thoughts??

Mine would be, as a GM.
1. Have to address o-line specifically Matt Kalil. The first month and a half showed some good signs but tailed off towards the end. I thought he would be a special player but now I am thinking we need to find another left tackle to handle those speed rushers and open some holes for the backs.. The young guys on the right side showed promise for being so young, IMO. Either a free agent steal or high draft pick here.

2. Chad Greenway is getting long in the tooth so I think we address LB for the 3rd straight year. Gotta keep the defense well tuned.. I would like to move Zendejo to a backup role and find a starting safety, as well. 2nd or 3rd round pick or free agent.

3. Need some more playmakers at WR.. Wallace did not pan out as expected.. What happened to Charles Johnson?? Next to the Browns giving $9 million a year Dwayne Bowe a bunch of healthy game scratches, this is the biggest NFL mystery to me. Cordarelle is a returner who I read does not like to study the playbook.Wright is ok but we need to get help.. Diggs was one of the best steals in a draft that I have seen the Vikings get in a long time.

4. Sadly, we may need to address RB soon. McKinnon is better than people expected but AP probably has 2-3 good years left

In Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter, and Diggs, Spielman got some real steals.. Pruitt and the right side of the o-line may prove the same...Good season with a good draft last year. Waynes needs some time yet. Our Vikings overachieved but I think with a bit of tweaking, they can be even better..... One more thing.. If Mortell goes through without being drafted, I would scoop him up to give Locke some competition. I think Mortell could catch on to an NFL team easily.

If you were a coach

Do you honestly think Snelson would help this football team? I know he has quickness and talent but based on his actions and demeanor do you believe he would be here four years, work his ass off and help this team win football games?

I think he would be a head ache and leave within a year or two

Just my gut feeling, doesn't mean I am right
If he comes here, I will pray that I am wrong but I think there is almost zero chance he comes here

INTERESTING BIG TEN STORY - Duncan Robinson

We saw Michigan earlier this year and they have a player that transferred in named Duncan Robinson... A 6-8 210lb forward that came from a small Division III school in Massachusetts. Though I don't cheer for Michigan, I am a sucker for a good human interest story so I thought I would share it.

Robinson went to HS in New Hampshire then attended Williams College.. Those northeastern states get pretty close together up there so even though Williams is in Massachusetts, it was not far from home... Their coach, Mike Maker, was very successful at that level as he has a couple of national championship appearances with Williams.. Williams College has been consistently rated as either the top or one of the top 4 year schools in the nation by various publications that rate schools. Very selective as they only accept 1 out of every 5 kids who apply to the school. . Lots of professors with teaching awards... Anyways, it was good for every reason for Williams to get Robinson but then his coach, Mike Maker, got offered a position with a small D1 school, Marist. Robinson thought about this and explored options to play at a higher level of basketball than Williams. KEY THING: Maker was an assistant coach for John Beilein at West Virginia. Maker knew that Robinson wanted to compete at the highest level so Maker made a phone call to Beilein to ask if he might be interested in Robinson. Robinson was not a malcontent, just wanted to try his talents against better competition. Robinson was a 6-8 forward that could shoot(17. 3 points a game, over 50% from the field and 45% from 3 point land at Williams.) so that is pretty attractive to a lot of schools. Beilein was eager to bring him in as he had a great relationship with Maker and knew Maker would not try to steer him wrong on a kid.

I guess I can separate cheering for a kid on an opposing team vs. cheer for that team.. Robinson is an interesting story to me. I understand Beilein and Maker are pretty high integrity guys though certainly not perfect. A good story and a kid who I would love to see succeed on the court.

Seeking advise - Droid music player

Not an apple fan, long term user of Droids. Just replaced my phone, now have Motorola Trubo 2. Decided to move over a ton of music from my laptop iTunes; for most part this went well.

been dabbling with a music player APP for the droid. looking for advice on what would be best/optimal player. no problem paying for app, but want to make sure I will be happy.

any droid advisors out there? can we skip the usual Apple mantra, saying that only iTunes can play music?

I will hang up and listen. much thanks in advance.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT